The International Cat Association (TICA) is the world's largest genetic registry of pedigreed cats. The responsible breeding of pedigreed cats preserves the distinct characteristics of individual pedigreed breeds and ensures the continuation of predictable physical and behavioral traits.
TICA and its members work together to promote the preservation of pedigreed cats and the health and welfare of ALL domestic cats through education, responsible cat ownership and proper care to the owners of millions of cats worldwide.
To encourage our members to be caring, responsible owners and breeders of cats; and work together to promote the preservation of pedigreed cats plus the health and welfare of all domestic cats.
To have the most accurate and comprehensive certified pedigree registry in the world.
To provide sanctioned cat shows which promote both pedigreed and non-pedigreed cats in a professional manner, and which are both enjoyable and educational for exhibitors, judges and the general public.
To encourage our members to take an active role in the community, to foster responsible spay/neuter awareness through public education, to become active in voluntary service at local animal shelters or outreach programs for schools and/or senior or disabled citizens, and to become involved in citizen advisory groups to foster responsible legislation regarding the health and welfare of cats.
To promote friendly relations between breeders in this country and other countries around the world.
To disseminate information to breeders, owners, exhibitors, and the general public concerning breeding, exhibition, improvement of breeds, the care and welfare of all cats; and to provide materials and information regarding feline issues of regional or national importance.
To set up a foundation to encourage research on feline health issues, and to provide readily available lists of resource materials on health issues to our members.
Voluntary Code of Ethics
I am a member and will remain in good standing of The International Cat Association (TICA) and have a TICA registered cattery.
I will breed discriminately, and only if I am sure I can find appropriate homes for my kittens.
I will place kittens only in homes that I believe will provide a life-long commitment of love, appreciation, and responsible care.
Any kitten or cat sold as a pet/companion, will be sold under the following conditions:
* I will guarantee that the kitten/cat is in good health at the time of sale.
* I will urge the purchaser to have the kitten/cat examined by the purchaser's own veterinarian within a few days of purchase to confirm its good health.
* I will require that the kitten be spayed or neutered NO LATER THAN 12 months of age and not be allowed to produce any offspring.
* I will explain to the purchaser the dangers of an outdoor environment.
* I will provide a written sales agreement that describes all the terms of the sale. I will abide by my own sales agreement.
* I will provide the TICA registration application form and/or pedigree for the kitten/cat ONLY after I have received written evidence from a licensed veterinarian that the kitten/cat has been altered.
* I will encourage the purchaser to contact me if the purchaser has any questions and I will respond in a timely manner.
* I will not release a kitten until it has been inoculated at least twice against the following: Panleukopenia, Feline Rhinotracheitis, and Calicivirus. I also may choose to give other vaccinations.